Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Prof. Aaron Ahuvia (University of Michigan-Dearborn, School of Management) talks to Aamir Nowshahri and Smita Bhattacharya on India’s Unique Economic Advantage

Q. What inspired Prof. Burnett to recommend academics to you?
A. Going back to the finance example, I was not very good at thinking quickly about simple things. I love to think deeply about complicated problems. To this date, I hate answering my emails because it involves the constant strain of simple decisions that need to be made very quickly. I like to stop and think of all alternatives, which is a good way to be if you want to focus on a topic that you are willing to spend several years on and come up with good ideas.

Q. How was the experience working with Prof. Philip Kotler?
A. Prof. Kotler was the nicest to me during the PhD programme. He took the time to get to know me and be available, and I have a very strong lasting affection for him because he went out of his way to look after me as a student. He is a very intellectually interesting person, and has wide-ranging interests. He is very smart; he reads a lot and is able to integrate different ideas. It has been a real honour to have been able to work with him.

Q. What research areas are you presently focusing on?
A. Prof. Kotler’s initial classes during my course got me interested in the areas I have worked on till today. I would love to cover the topic of products and services that consumers love, and research on the psychology of love. I want to know what consumers mean when they say they love something. Click here to read full interview...

Read More IIPM Related Articles
Zee Business Best B-School Survey 2012
Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri's Session at IMA Indore
IIPM IN FINANCIAL TIMES, UK. FEATURE OF THE WEEK
IIPM strong hold on Placement : 10000 Students Placed in last 5 year
IIPM's Management Consulting Arm-Planman Consulting
Professor Arindam Chaudhuri - A Man For The Society....
IIPM: Indian Institute of Planning and Management
IIPM makes business education truly global
Management Guru Arindam Chaudhuri
Rajita Chaudhuri-The New Age Woman
IIPM B-School Facebook Page
IIPM Global Exposure
IIPM Best B School India
IIPM B-School Detail
IIPM Links
IIPM : The B-School with a Human Face

Labels: , , , , ,