Thursday, November 22, 2012

The wow Bandwagon!

Passionate about linking strategy and HR and translating this into measurable delivered results, Ms. Aparna Ballakur has over 15 years of experience with companies such as Adobe Systems, McAfee Software and Sasken Communications. After B.E. from the University of Mysore, she has completed an Executive Leadership Program from Cornell University and the Strategic Human Resources program from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Q. What drew you towards HR? Also, share your experience working with companies like Adobe and McAfee.
A. I started my career as an R&D engineer and entering into HR was a stroke of serendipity. I chose to stay on because I enjoyed the work and the learning that came along. What caught my attention was that there is a lot of functional expertise within the HR which a lot of people outside the profession are not aware of.

My experience in the two companies was very different. McAfee – my first company – gave me experience and understanding of what it meant to work in a multinational environment. They were just starting their operations in India when I joined; there I got an opportunity to build the R&D centre.

At Adobe, I was managing India and China operations. I got an opportunity to set up the centre in China and learnt how things work there. Culturally, both the nations are very different. Read more...


Read More IIPM Related Articles
Zee Business Best B-School Survey 2012
Prof. Arindam Chaudhuri's Session at IMA Indore
IIPM IN FINANCIAL TIMES, UK. FEATURE OF THE WEEK
IIPM strong hold on Placement : 10000 Students Placed in last 5 year
IIPM's Management Consulting Arm-Planman Consulting
Professor Arindam Chaudhuri - A Man For The Society....
IIPM: Indian Institute of Planning and Management
IIPM makes business education truly global
Management Guru Arindam Chaudhuri
Rajita Chaudhuri-The New Age Woman
IIPM B-School Facebook Page
IIPM Global Exposure
IIPM Best B School India
IIPM B-School Detail
IIPM Links
IIPM : The B-School with a Human Face

Labels: , , , , ,